Need some new books for your YA collection? Consider applying for the Great Books Giveaway administered by YALSA. Each year, the YALSA office receives approximately 2000 newly published books, videos, CDs and other materials targeted primarily towards young adults. These are awarded to libraries that submit winning applications to the Great Books Giveaway. For more information, visit this page and review the guidelines below.
- Applicants must be personal members of YALSA as well as ALA. Organizational members are not eligible.
- All applications must be received complete in the YALSA office no later than December 1.
- All entries must include the cover sheet provided by YALSA.
- The application must be signed by the director of the public library, the superintendent of schools, the building-level administrator or the director of the institution.
- Applicants must agree to accept all the materials, understanding this collection is material targeted primarily for young adults, ages 12-18.
- The cover sheet, supplementary materials and an electronic copy of the current, board-approved collection development policy must be submitted via email by December 1. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Shipping and handling charges are the responsibility of the institution selected to receive the award.
This content originally appeared in an email from YALSA.